U92 fm’s nightly entertainment-talk show, The BrewRATS, held their second “Anime Night” last night, with well-known cosplayer Alodia Gosengfiao and the cosplay photographer Jay Tablante featured as guest.
After the success of the first “Anime Night” special, held last August 18, the radio show The BrewRATS has held another “Anime Night” last night with guest Jay Tablante, who had been a part of the first Anime Night, and Alodia Gosiengfiao.
The special presentation of the programme had aired with no commercial breaks.
But before the “Anime Night” started, Alodia was interviewed by Ramon Bautista and Tado. They have discussed How did Alodia started in the Philippine cosplay scene, and How thing run when she and Ashley, her sister, cosplay the characters. They have also discussed the things that she liked, from Video Games to Anime.
VIDEO GAME DISCUSSIONS
And when the special has started, together with Angel Rivero (co-host of the show, and “Erning” of Strangebrew) and Jay, they had started discussing Anime-related stuffs, though their common interests was Video Games.
The three had discussed video game titles, such as Halo: Reach, Final Fantasy, Initial D, and Kingdom Hearts. They also discussed the fictional character Chocobo of the Final Fantasy series, though it was odd that nobody has brought up the issue of renaming the Chocobos to “Horsebirds” by Square Enix on Final Fantasy XIV.
Jay, who can be considered as an anime expert, discussed the facts about anime programmes that will be played on the playlist.
The have discussed that Rurouni Kenshin (also known as Samurai X), besides that fictional characters, was an accurate portrayal of the Tokugawa era.
And they also have discussed the featured artists on every Macross series.
Unlike the first special, which has totally caught everyone off-guard, every single Filipino anime fan who have listened on the radio show has flooded the Facebook wall of both The BrewRATS and Angel Rivero, U92 fm Hotline, and also on their YM account, vieing for their music requests to be played on the radio and their greetings to be said on-air.
Some greetings has been said, and some has been said by Alodia herself, and requests, particularly K-ON!, YuYu Hakusho songs, has been played on the radio.
Here are the list of songs that had been played on the special:
Played from 9:15pm:
01. “Egao ga Sukidakara” by Sawada Shoko (Akazukin Chacha ED1)
02. “Sobakasu” by Judy & Mary (Rurouni Kenshin OP2)
03. “Lonely in Gorgeous” by Tommy february6 (Paradise Kiss OP)
04. “Konya wa Hurricane (There’s a Hurricane Tonight)” by Kinuko Oomori (Bubblegum Crisis OVA OP1)
05. “Abracadra” by Brown Eyed Girls (K-Pop Song)
Played from 10:00pm onwards:
06. “Space Boy” by Dave Rodgers (Initial D: Special Stage OST)
07. “Hide & Seek” by Namie Amuro
08. “Try Again” by Fire Bomber (Macross 7 OST)
09. “Simple & Clean (English version)” by Utaka Hikaru (Kingdom Hearts OST)
10. “Rise” by Origa (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP2)
11. “Don’t Say Lazy!” by Yoko Hikasa with Aki Toyosaki, Satomi Satou and Minako Kotobuki (K-ON! ED)
12. “Days” by FLOW (Eureka Seven OP1)
13. “Tate! Toushou Daimos (Stand Up! General Daimos)” by Isao Sasaki, Columbia Yurikago-kai and Koorogi ’73 (Tosho Daimos OP1)
14. “Cagayake! Girls” by Aki Toyosaki with Yoko Hikasa, Satomi Satou, Minako Kotobuki and Ayana Taketatsu (K-ON! OP)
15. “Hohoemi no Bakudan” by Matsuko Mawatari (YuYu Hakusho OP)
16. “No Boy, No Cry” by Stance Punks (Naruto OP6)
Alodia has picked Numbers 03, 05, 07, 09, 10 to be played, and Jay has requested for “Space Boy” (Number 06) to be played.
Indeed, It was another successful “Anime Night” special for The BrewRATS, since their social networking sites has been flooded, and some people are even requesting for Alodia to return on Radio. While most people request for this “special” to be weekly. And if there will be another “Anime Night” on The BrewRATS, who knows, but it was surely an interesting night for everyone.
Last January 1st, ZEN Otaku Honbu has been rebranded as Anime Pilipinas.
New Name, but still has the same goal in going deeper into the Japanese Anime
& Pop-culture in the country and elsewhere in the world, from a Filipino standpoint.
For the Latest News and Other Opinion Posts, Please visit our new website at AnimePilipinas.com,
and also follow our social networking accounts.
ZENhonbuPH.net will remain as an archive site.